Monday, September 22, 2014

Update + 1 Year Anniversary

This is much more abrupt than anticipated, but I wanted to announce that I will no longer be translating Google+/Mobame posts. I knew that I most likely wouldn't be able to keep up with the daily posts towards the end of the year, but I think my schedule is already beginning to reach the point now where I can't commit to doing it consistently. As much as I love translating my favorite members' posts and keeping up with their daily lives, I'm unfortunately going to have to make translating less of a priority in life, at least until next year. Along those lines, I think that the next episode of Odekake (episode 52) that I post will be my last. I have already started on it so I'd like to post it soon, but I don't think it's fair for me to commit to doing a show when I can't deliver frequent updates. I know that people love that show as I'm always getting questions about when each next episode will be done. I hope that with me stepping out of the picture, another subber might be more inclined to pick it up one day.

That being said, I don't want to completely stop translating! If loyal Sakura fan @cubozoa48 and loyal Milky fan @redypajero are still willing to provide me with magazine interview scans, I'd like to continue translating those at my own pace. I'd also like to go back to translating random video clips since I find those much quicker to follow through with. And lastly, I'd like to continue translating for UKN48, and there are a few requests that I have left that I'd like to finish with their help. As always, I will post those here, but if you haven't already, make sure to join UKN's facebook group or bookmark their website for much more additional content, you won't regret it ;)

On a happier note, last week was this little blog's 1 year anniversary! I want to thank everyone in the community for their support and positivity over this past year. I'm shocked at my own commitment to translating pretty much 365 days of posts for Milky, Sakura, and Mogi. I also never thought it'd be possible for me to translate a show that's entirely in Japanese, let alone 24 full episodes. If you're on the fence about learning Japanese, really interested in doing it, but waiting until you have more time or making other excuses to put it off, I say start now! Even if it's just a little bit of studying each day, you will be amazed at how much you can improve after a full year. Remember that it's always better late than never :) And in this fandom, your efforts will constantly be rewarded. Actually, a huge reason that I'm making subs less of a priority is because I want more free time to study. I hope that this will lead to translating becoming an easier process for me so that I can contribute even more by next year's anniversary!

Thanks again for your support and understanding <3

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the translations you have done so far on G+/Mobame posts as well as subbing entire videos. I don't think translators and subtitlers(?) get enough love and appreciation for their work in helping the international fans get to know their oshis more. I'll be sure to check-in on here to see if Avocado-san has left some goodies. Hopefully everything is doing well on your end and thank you for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!
    Time does indeed fly, but it is also merciless in the pressure it puts on us.
    I sincerely thank you for all of the material and joy you've given us with your efforts over the past year. Personally, as an HKT fan, doubly so for the Odekake episodes and Sakura's posts!

    I wish you luck in your studies, and in your personal RL endeavors!

    Best regards,
    sidhme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the hard work that you put in this blog.
    You're indeed one of the faster translator for Sakura G+/Mobame, will be a big lost for us.

    Oh well I wish you good luck in your studies. Ganbatte !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lonely thank you for all your translations, specially the Odekake episodes.

    If episode 52 of Odekake may be your last sub, please consider making Odekake Christmas special your final Odekake sub. Just consider it! Since I really wanted that episode to be translated.

    I personally would like that Sashi and Goto san dialogue to be translated rather than a whole episode since I find that part more interesting unless its actually a really interesting episode and I would like it all to be translated.

    On a personal note, I'm learning Japanese but my understanding is still very small.

    To everybody who love Jpop culture commit yourself to learning the language and order the Japanese channel from your cable provider if possible - because that's what I did and try to immerse yourself in the Language as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you as always for your hard work Lonely Avocado.

    Congratulations on your first anniversary ! \(^o^)/
    and..
    Congratulations for your first anniversary ! \(^o^)/
    ( I've google'd it just now, because I didn't know whether it is congratulation "on" or "for", turned out both are used, and they has a different meaning o_o !
    "on" used to congratulate someone for something pleasant or special happened to them.
    "for" used to praise someone for their achievement.
    so I use both.. ._.)
    ...
    should have just said "happy anniversary".. xD )

    good luck at your study !!
    really, thanks again for helping me with andare, and translating Mogi's g+ posts.
    until next time !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all the hard work all this time


    *anon leecher sprints away

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAMAAAAAAAAAAA~!! ;A;

    Thank you so much for everything you've done in your first year of translating and subbing and everything!!! We're all very lucky and grateful for having a Lonely Avocado in this fandom!!! Ganbatte in life, Avo-mama!!! \ :v /

    PS: If you ever you feel lonely (and have nothing to do with your free time :v), just hangout with us there at the unko chat as usual. :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol Anggy. You made it sound like mama is leaving or something. Gahahaha! :v

    ReplyDelete