Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Miyawaki Sakura's Google+ Posts 03/11/14-03/12/14 (English Translation)

Make sure to follow Sakura on Google+!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/102808008463301583196/posts



March 11, 2014 - Tuesday

5:56 AM

Good morning.

Today is March 11.

It has been 3 years since the Tohoku earthquake.

That day that we should never forget.

No matter how far away we are, I hope that we can continue our performances to deliver smiles and energy to the disaster victims.

Sakura bloom.



11:15 PM

Hello.

Today, for the second time, I was given the opportunity to participate in the disaster area support activites.

This time was in Iwate prefecture's Miyako city.

I've experienced it many times in the news, but this was my first time actually going there.

Again, this will be an unskilled composition, but I'd like to write down my thoughts.
I'd be happy if you read until the end.

When we arrived in Iwate prefecture, we headed towards the sea where the tsunami had actually been.

A silent prayer at 2:46 on March 11.

With the sea right in front of our eyes, the 16 of us offered up a silent prayer.

The staff showed us
"That's how high the waves reached".

The height of those waves was unfathomable.
The tsunami that was several times taller than the height of my body.
It took a little while to fully comprehend.

But, the pipe that was broken at that height told the whole story.


After that, we went to the breakwater of Sanriku Coast and offered flowers.

When we climbed up the breakwater and looked out at the distance from up high, empty level grounds continued on around us endlessly.
Before the disaster, there were buildings and houses on those level grounds; just thinking about all of the people who used to live there made my heart tighten.

And then, we headed towards Miyako city in Iwate prefecture.


Our live took place in a gymnasium-like building.

All sorts of people, men and women of all ages, specifically came to see us so I was very happy.

But, that gymnasium was becoming colder and colder.
Not being used to the cold, I started to gradually lose feeling in my hands and feet.

During the MC, Minegishi-san talked about how this gymnasium was a place of refuge during the disaster and I was shocked.

Thinking of all of the anxious people taking refuge in such a cold place, I became determined to sing and dance and deliver even more.

While singing a song called "Sakura no Hanabiratachi".
Even though it was probably their first time hearing the song, there were two women who were waving their arms to match our dance.

They waved their arms like they were really enjoying themselves and I thought from the bottom of my heart "Ah, I'm glad we came."


At the handshake event after that, various people spoke to us about many things.


It's like holding my grandchild's hand〜…

Thank you for coming out of your way from Fukuoka

I've become a fan after today!

Definitely come again, please.

Your hand is so warm, it makes me feel relieved

Etc.

Among them,
there were also people who said "I'll buy your third single!" and I was very happy.

What really left a lasting impression was a man who said,

I read your disaster composition.
It made me cry.

With a serious gaze, he firmly grabbed my hands and in that moment, I felt genuinely happy.

That someone would cry from reading my composition.
It's not like I've experienced the earthquake myself so I'm always worried about what the victims think of me writing such compositions.

But, today, for the first time, I had this feeling.
I want to spread the feelings of the disaster victims, everything they've experienced up until now and from now on, to stop the disaster from fading from everyone's memories.

The mayor of Miyako city said,

Slowly, the volunteer efforts are decreasing and I'm sad that people are forgetting about this disaster.
But I'm thankful to everyone in AKB who continue to visit Tohoku once a month in order to deliver smiles.



3 years since that day, there are places that are gradually being restored.


And conversely, there are still places that haven't even been touched.

What we, as people who have not experienced the earthquake, need to do is never forget.


Never forget. How so many innocent lives were lost.

How all of these important places were snatched away in a single instant.

How there were people who wanted to live until today.

Let's go teach. Everything we've learned from this disaster.




It was snowing in Iwate.
Even though the snow was piling up, when I looked up at the sky, the sun was radiantly bright.

I'm sure that sun will probably become a source of hope for the cold winter.

The sun will appear from the gaps between the clouds and slowly, slowly melt the snow and bloom the sprouts that are emerging from the ground.





In Iwate, spring will come soon.

We want to help bring spring to Iwate as soon as possible, that's how we felt.


This will be the end, but to everyone who is a victim of the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, from the bottom of my heart, you have my deepest sympathies and I will be praying for a speedy restoration.

Sakura bloom.



March 12, 2014 - Wednesday

8:47 AM

Good morning!

Thank you for all of the lovely comments yesterday.
I took my time reading them all.

Starting today, I hope to take a new step forward.


Today "Sakura, Minna de Tabeta" [T.N. - We All Ate Sakura Together] goes on sale!
Let's all eat Sakura togetherー♡


Sakura bloom!



1:20 PM

Hello!

At 2 PM, I will be on a NicoNico live broadcast with Matsuoka Natsumi-chan ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ

Everyone!Please make sure to participate ♡


Sakura bloom!



9:56 PM

Good evening!

The HKT48 3rd single "Sakura, Minna de Tabeta" was able to reach 1st place on the Oricon daily charts ☻

I'm really, really happy ♡♡

We were able to reach 1st place like this because of all of your support!
Everyone, thank you very much!

I hope that "Sakura, Minna de Tabeta" can become this year's sakura song!

Sakura bloom!And eat it!
(Sakura, Minna de Tabeta ver)



11:44 PM

Good evening!

During today's NicoNico live broadcast of HKT48's Secret Exposing Talk Battle, there was an interim announcement!

I was able to!
Win 1st place during the interim announcement ( ゚д゚)

Thank you for calling Sakura ♡

I'll work hard and aim for 1st place again for weeks 2 and 3!
Everyone!I'll be waiting for your phone callsー ☻

http://music.dwango.jp/i/special/teledome_hkt48?cp_webto=official


Tomorrow is the Legend stage!

Sakura bloom!



No comments:

Post a Comment